Custom Tattoo Design | 17 cm Height | 2020
This symbolic design features a series of Alchemical symbols, alongside motifs with personal symbolism.
• The main symbol is a geometric Ouroboros snake ( with a gemstone eye), which sits inside a kite shape.
• The anchoring symbol, at the bottom is the Antimony symbol.
| Symbolism | In Alchemy, Antimony is the penultimate stage in the making of the Philosophers Stone (the process of making lead into Gold). It symbolises a closeness to enlightenment (spiritual development) |
• Other alchemical symbols include, the 4 elements triangles.
• At the centre of the design is the philosophers' stone & moon cycle.
| Symbolism | The Philosophers' stone was the central symbol of the mystical terminology of alchemy, symbolising perfection at its finest, enlightenment, and heavenly bliss. |
• Ivy holds personal symbolism.
• The design is fairly small, but the design has the maximum detail possible.
| Symbolism | The Ouroboros (Greek for tail devourer) is an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon eating its own tail. It has been important in religious, spiritual and mythological symbolism. It often represents renewals cycles of eternal change. The symbol is constantly re-creating itself, the cycle of life and death, and harmony of opposites.
The art may be angled , cropped or watermarked for copyright reasons, please do not use the art.
Huge thanks go out to my fab client.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.
Inky love x
PUNCTURED ARTEFACT | ART | TATTOO | LEATHER | GRAPHICS | ILLUSTRATION